Saturday, May 29, 2010

Illustrating a room

This is a video of a couple of illustrators, the bearded ladies from Brazil. I find their work quite amazing, I like the style, the collage quality to it, but what I really like is the scale of the work, they have drawn on the ceiling and walls, it will have taken days. I like the overall effect and as a designer sitting in that room it would inspire me all the time. Each section of wall tells a little story.

Live at MiCasa | Days 01, 02, 03 & 04 from Mulheres Barbadas on Vime


There are also other objects done in the same style. A black car with white roof that has illustrations on them, a paper wallet, a series of fridges, sunglasses, chairs, the design for the front of a vending machine and a shoe box for Nike.
They must go through hundreds of permanent makers, especially when experimenting too see which one works best on a new or different surface than they have used before, like the car and the fridge.


Image form from http://www.mulheresbarbadas.com/


Mulheres Barbadas na Casa do Lado from Mulheres Barbadas on Vimeo.

I first found these illustrators on a blog about up and coming illustrators.

Sources:

Meek, Larissa. (April 8, 2008) Illustration inspiration: 20 artists who are making waves. Retrieved on May 29, 2010 http://www.larissameek.com/2008/04/08/illustration-inspiration-20-artists-who-are-making-waves/
Mulheres barbadas. (n.d.). Retrieved on May 28, 2010 from http://www.mulheresbarbadas.com/

3 comments:

  1. Sorry. I have been trying, for the last 10 minutes to make all of the text the same size, but it won't work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These illustrator's are crazy! I don't know how they would have the time and paitence to do such amazing work as this.

    Also, don't worry about the text. I know your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. I would love to have my own custom room with illustrations like this!

    Sadly I'm not very good at drawing.

    Sad face. :(

    And yes. Text is my new arch nemesis...

    ReplyDelete